Thursday, December 31, 2009

The Gumball Guy

The hightlight of this week was the arrival of "Gumball Guy."

He first arrived as a birthday gift from Denny and Pat (and their kids) when I was in grade school. What makes him even more special is that Uncle Denny made him. For his own good, when Henry arrived I put Gumball Guy on a shelf in Henry's closet. The last few months Henry has pointed up to the shelf and asked me about him. I explained that he has gumballs in his head, you turn his ears and a gumball comes out of his mouth!

Recently, Henry started to open the closet door, pretend to turn his own ears and make a special sound meant to be a gumball coming out of his mouth. It was pretty cute...and I knew what he was trying to tell me.

This week, I finally remembered to buy gumballs when we were in Willmar! Henry literally shook with excitement as we opened the bags of gumballs and filled up The Gumball Guy's head.

The first words out of Henry's mouth when he wakes up each morning are, "Gumball Guy!" and then he's off and running for the kitchen. He loves to guess which color gumball will come out. I love watching him turn the ears - he takes a big breath and looks at me with big eyes when he hears a gumball drop into place! What fun...


Gumball Guy


Enjoying a morning chew and chat with Gumball Guy before breakfast.


Getting ready...


Aah, the joy!


No comments:

Post a Comment