Monday, December 16, 2013

Dottie, Dottie, Dottie

I think this picture is pretty self-explanatory...the dog did it!  It never occurred to me that the Christmas tree and Dottie would be a problem because Kenda was never interested in the tree or ornaments. 
 
The first thing I noticed was that the tree skirt was always pulled away from the tree.  I'd put it back and a few minutes later it was gone again.  So I gave up on that, but then the ribbon in the bottom branches kept getting pulled out...Hmm.  And finally, as we were reading one afternoon I watched Dottie as she stood on her hind legs trying to grab ornaments.  I moved all the ornament to the top of the tree and thought that would solve the problem.  On Friday afternoon I was washing dishes when I heard a clinking sound and turned around to see a glass ornament roll across the floor after being  dropped from Dottie's mouth.  I had a moment of panic as I realized that this ornament had been at the very top of the tree...how did she get it?  This is what I found when I got to the living room!
 
Last night was our church Christmas program so bedtime was a little later than usual.  Dottie loves to hop into bed with the boys each night but she's can be a bed hog.  I moved her from the middle of the bed to the foot of the bed, turned off the light and then heard Henry saying, "Ouch!  Who is that?"  We turned on the light to see:
Apparently the foot of the bed is not good enough for her because she repeated this one more time before Nate came to take her downstairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment