Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Swimming Lessons

Okay, so I'm warning you that this post is a little video heavy.  The last week of July Henry took swimming lessons at our local pool.  He started in Level 1 but after his first lesson, his teacher thought he should go to Level 2.  Henry loves passing levels, so he was very excited.  We then had to explain that you don't normally pass a level each lesson, which was his expectation, and he was not pleased when we told him the goal was to pass Level 2 by Friday - how boring!!  Thankfully, even with walking pneumonia thrown in the mix he was able to pass Level 2.  It was pretty amazing to see the progress he made - looks like I was holding him back just a bit!
 
Henry before swimming lessons: 
 
After one lesson:
 
For real, just one lesson!  Did I mention this is the 12 foot section?!?
 
Synchronized diving is naturally the next step...
 
 
His lips were a little blue, but here he is holding his Level 2 certificate.

No comments:

Post a Comment