On August 10th, our cousins spent the day at the lake with us and it was great! Nate drove back from a fishing trip up North that morning and made it back just in time. We hope Pete can make it next time.
As I've been going through all these pictures from this past summer, over and over I find myself thinking how grateful I am for our families - that our kids are growing up with the best grandpas and grandmas, aunts, uncles, cousins. It makes me so happy to see that Henry and Walter enjoy being with their family. I'll put the tissue box away now...on to the pictures:
Started off with a pizza lunch.
l to r: Walter, Henry, Sara, Anders, Ella, Sienna
Lincoln (front)
Ella throwing for Gus
Every time I look at him, he looks older!
Finishing up playing fetch - getting ready for a swim.
I wish I could remember what Walter and Sienna were talking about here.
The Relaxation Station makes its appearance.
Nicky and Erin
Taking advantage of the Relaxation Station's benefits.
Elias
Dottie enjoying a rest and some extra attention.
Every time I see this picture, the Gilligan's Island theme pops into my head..."A three hour cruise. A three hour cruise." I did admire the brave souls (Grandpa L, Nate, Andy, and Megan) who climbed aboard this cruise with a lot of busy kids, even if they weren't gone for 3 hours.
Ella fishing with her Uncle Andy (and Kenda waiting for some fish, too).
Spending some time with the Mimis.
Uncle Dave
Lincoln
More fishing
Lots of activity
And more fishing...
Walter loves looking for "good" rocks.
Anders didn't give up (he caught a fish before leaving for home).
It's a tough life for Dot.
Sara
Sienna and Walter swimming with Kenda and Gus
Auntie Karen and Mimi Erin
Andy and Henry playing wiffle ball.
Henry with his catcher's mask - pretty clever, huh?
Painting
Nate modeling for his soon-to-be-released baseball card.
Still working on the art projects.
Auntie Karen stepped up to the wiffle ball plate, too.
Then it was time for another pontoon ride.
Sara being the captain
Sienna with her Grandma
Ella, Sienna, Henry
Anders
Just a few days earlier, Walter got a new cast put on. He chose two colors this time - bright green and glow-in-the-dark white...which almost made it hard to fall asleep the first night because it did glow and quite brightly.
Lincoln
Handsome boys
As soon as we were back and dinner was done, it was right back to fishing. Andy was kind to risk life, limb and eye as the fishing assistant.
Getting ready to head home. The day went so fast.
Family pictures:
Everybody else looks great but I wish I could re-do this picture so I could put the dog down in order to stand up straight and take my phone out of my pocket.
Thanks for the fun day - I hope we can get together at the lake next summer.

No comments:
Post a Comment