Saturday, October 27, 2012

Duck Opener (Warning)

WARNING:  Dead ducks are pictured in the following post...

It looks like I'm finally getting close to catching up because these pictures are from September 22 - MN duck opener.  It was a successful expedition (a little too early in the morning for me) and Henry and Walter couldn't wait to run out to greet their Dad and see all the ducks.  By the time I got outside with the camera, Henry was heading back in to play with his Lego's but Walter was happy hanging out with the guys as they cleaned the birds.

"These ducks aren't in heaven because they didn't have Jesus in them."  I thought that was pretty deep - he definitely understood that the ducks were dead.

Walter just loved carrying around these two...

Talking with Daddy about bird identification. 

He plopped this little duck up on the cleaning table and talked with it for a little while and then, "Bang," (notice how he's using his left hand?).  I think he may be counting down the days until he gets to go duck hunting.

Lots of curiosity - figuring out how the wings work.

Telling me about his blue winged teal.

Learning how to clean a duck.

Helping Uncle Jon - he doesn't mind digging and getting dirty.  




No comments:

Post a Comment