I should be honest and admit that it was super-time and we had just finished grocery shopping. What was I thinking?
Amber wasn't working but Henry seemed to like the lady who greeted us, so I thought we'd go for it. Then the lady takes us back to the chair and says, "This is "Sylvia"- she's going to cut Henry's hair." Immediately I knew this was not going to be good because Henry has never seen someone up close who has purple hair and a pointed metal stud coming throught their lower lip. Henry took one look at her and covered his ears (this is what he does when he doesn't like something) and said, "No."
Personally, I didn't have any problems with her appearance, but Henry was frightened! Of course, I went through with it because I didn't want her to think that I had something against her because of her look.
Anyway, for a variety of reasons (turns out Sylvia is not a kid person and the other kind customers thought they could solve the problem by telling Henry how handsome he was, even though he would start crying all over again whenever they talked to him) his haircut was not so good! His bangs were super short and started lower on one side than the other. The back of his hair is also the same and there are all these long hairs hanging over his ears that didn't get cut!
I called Grandma Jo on my home (while Henry was sleeping without a shirt because his clothes had been covered in hair) and asked if she could fix a haircut. We attempted this in the carseat while he was sleeping, but he of course woke up. Grandma did a great job of hiding behind the carseat hoping for him to fall asleep but to no avail. She came over to our house later that night instead. We sat him on the counter, handed him a spatula covered in chocolate frosting and Grandma worked her magic!
So I learned my lessons. Never get a haircut:
1. After grocery shopping.
2. When my child is tired.
3. When my child is hungry.
4. When my child is afraid of the stylist.
5. When Amber is not available.
In short, next time I'll make an appointment with Amber!
Grandma trying to fix his bangs. Too bad she couldn't make my hair look any better!
Yes, we bribed him with frosting in order to get him to sit still while Grandma Jo worked on his hair.

No comments:
Post a Comment