Thursday, March 7, 2013

Just Like Dad

First off, a promise to myself to leave "the real camera" more readily
accessible so I stop grabbing my phone to take pictures! 
 
A frequent question/comment at our house recently is, "Am I going to be a dad when I grow up?"  Which leads to, "Are you going to be a grandma/grandpa when I grow up?" and "I'm going to be just like Dad.  I'm going to be a good dad who loves Jesus."  I can't think of a better compliment for Nate because he really is an amazing dad and husband.  If either or both of them end up being a dad later in life, they will have had one of the best examples in what makes a great dad. 
 
One Sunday (many moons ago...in January), Henry practiced being just like Dad - he watched the football game holding his glass of pop and ice while standing in front of the T.V. (just like Dad does).  He even made appropriate Dad conversation, "Which team are you cheering for Dad?" and then, "Well, I want the other team to win.  Come on!  Come on!  Go, go, go!  Yes!  See I told you, Dad..."



No comments:

Post a Comment