Thursday, August 30, 2012

North Shore 2012 - Saturday Afternoon

It was a beautiful day for our lunch on the rocks - brats, 'Smores and lots of other delicious stuff.

Nate, Mimi Megan and Walter making lunch for the fam.

Before they could finish eating, Henry and Walter started out climbing and caught up with the bigger kids.  Throwing rocks and wading in the water was so much fun...

Henry thought about crying when he slipped into the water, but decided it was a good excuse to start swimming.

Then Lincoln joined in - oh, the fun!

Pretending to be sea monsters


A quick change into dry clothes and we were off to the Alpine Slide.  Although we went almost every year when we were kids, this was the first year we have taken our kids.  I had many nightmares about riding up on the ski lift with the boys but of course, they weren't afraid of falling and Henry couldn't understand why I wouldn't let go of his t-shirt!

Not very good pictures, but I had to mark the first trip up on the ski lift.  Walter was sleeping at this point.

Lincoln's trip up

Henry and Nate


Andy and Lincoln

Henry and Mimi Erin




Walter eventually woke up and decided that the Alpine Slide looked like something he had to try out. 


He liked it!


Henry may have a little teenager in him already - too cool to show what he really thought about the Alpine Slide...

...until he thought I was done taking pictures!


One last ride.

1 comment: