Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Big Day at the Pool


One benefit of small town living is having a pool three blocks away.  We have a nice toddler pool H & W enjoy, but this summer we are spending more time in "the big pool."  They continue to amaze me with how quickly they learn new things! 

Walter relaxing poolside...probably trying to decide when he wants to make a snack run. 
When gets in the pool he can't stop laughing.

Henry swimming in circles.  He loved jumping in the pool as long as his head didn't go under water...until yesterday.  The three of us went to the pool in the afternoon and while Walter and I watched, Henry puffed up his checks,  closed his eyes and jumped in - his head definitely went under the water.  After he surfaced he gave us a big smile and thumbs up. 

A few jumps later he tried to convince me to let him jump off the diving board!  What?  I managed to get him to wait until Nate came with us after dinner.

After dinner he realized how much fun it is to float on your back (which is really pretty cute to watch),
AND...

Henry took the first of many (many) jumps off the diving board!  It wasn't long before he said, "I want to jump off of that one (pointing to the "high board")."  Much to his disappointment, we told him he would have to wait on that idea. 

Meanwhile, Walter decided he was ready to try the diving board as well.  He walked out a few times and decided to go back, but the third time he jumped to Nate and was very proud of himself.  If only I could have held his hand as he walked to the edge of the board and snapped a picture of his first jump!  It definitely feels like my little boys are growing up, and I'm very proud of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment