BAKING
Making cookies...they are great at adding the first few ingredients and then sneaking lots of samples.
PAINTING
Lately, the boys have really enjoyed water painting. Instead of using paper, they like to paint on cutting boards...
...the kitchen wall and window (This happened very quickly and surprised me so I couldn't help but laugh. I turned around after washing Walter's hands and Henry said, "Look, Mom, I did it myself!")...
...and each other. How fun would it be if you didn't paint your brother's face?
Pretending
Making ships with the dining room chairs and then pretending to be Were-Rabbits hiding on the ship.
BUILDING SKILLS
They always want to play with tools so why not give them time to use them (under parent supervision, of course). Both of them enjoyed taking apart an old phone and DVD/VCR player.

I think I could learn some valuable lessons from you about being laid back! It's so important to let the kids learn and explore and yet the Cindy in me balks at the mess!! :)
ReplyDelete